Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Trees!

Oh how I love this time of the year.  I love decorating the tree and our home and baking!  I just wish I could stop eating what comes out of the oven! Haha!

We purchased a tree from Lowe's a week and a half ago and had it all decorated that same evening.  I even had my hubby help me, which he is not too fond of.  Don't get me wrong Shawn loves this time of the year as well and is all about putting up lights outside (which he did!), but there is something about decorating the Christmas tree he cannot cope with!  I enjoy it and always have.  I remember helping my mom when I was younger and loving it then.  I love getting out all of the old ornaments and reminiscing on memories, then opening our first Christmas together 2004 ornament and looking at the picture and realizing I never put a picture of us in there...so there are two random people in the frame. Haha...I love it! One of these days I'll change the pic! :)

Jase and Ally have loved the tree as well.  Since I am at home with them everyday we turn the lights on every morning and do not go off until I go to bed.  The season is too short not to enjoy it.  Please Spark Energy be nice to us!!  I bought the kids a new Hallmark ornament this year and it has become a little tradition for a few years now.  Jase got Mickey Mouse Choo Choo Express and Ally got a little bear with a 2 hanging down for her second Christmas.  Both are cute.  I was so excited that I let Jase see his when I got home.  Next thing you know he had pulled the lever on the locomotive, which broke right off.  His little face and "I'm sorry Mommy" just melt your heart.  No biggie, we'll glue it.  So what do I do...I give it back to him and he breaks off of one the hands!  This is a $14 ornament...I start getting a little frustrated at this point.  After several glue jobs by 3 people it is back to its "near" original state.


Noble fir tree...decorated with love
 
Bow my friend Becky made...my Dollar Tree star had seen its better days!
 Every year I say I am going to do new decor/colors and then I get everything out and realize I like what I have and better save my money!!  I was very nervous with the tree and Ally getting into, and even contemplated buying a gate to put around it.  All and all she has done fabulous.  I still have to tell her no now and again, but it is more of a game to her.  She'll walk over to it and look at me, wave her pointer finger side to side and say "no no".  It is too cute and you cannot help but smile!

Jase mentioned that he wanted his own tree in his room this year.  This was the first I had heard of him wanting one, so what did I do that same night...go to Hobby Lobby and buy everything for my Bubby's tree!! (With Shawn's approval of course!)  We had a great time decorating it together.  Even sister joined in the fun.  By the way, his favorite ornament is a soccer ball...go figure!


Of course we had to do a before shot!

Jase and Daddy opening up the lights.  Daddy was on assigned to opening packages! :)

Allyson and Jase checking it out

Jase and Mommy adding decor to the tree!


Daddy and Ally fixing a couple of bulbs!


Finished product...Cowboy Snowman tree topper and all! :)

My first tree!

No comments: