Friday, June 24, 2011

The Big Day - June 18, 2011

What an eventful day! I was at the nail salon at 9 am getting a manicure since I decided to put on $6 nails from Walgreen's with nail glue Friday afternoon...bad idea.  They were so long and I could barely take out my contacts.  After that I headed up to the church to set up the candy bar and help where needed.  I was back at the house by noon since Shawn and Jase were heading out at 12:30 for Jase's first basketball game at 1:00. 

Shawn and I both tried to get Ally to take a nap, but that did not work out as planned.  After an hour of laying with her and looking at 1:00 on the clock I needed to put make-up on.  Alisha was supposed to get her hair done at 2:00 so I wanted to be up there for that.  I finished my make-up, packed 3 bags (not kidding) and grabbed our dresses and headed up to the church.

While up at the church I did eye make for Joseph's mom and sister, my mom and Becca.  Allyson was pretty good while waiting.  She chewed on chapstick and paced the whole room while calling Joseph's niece's name, Layla or "Yaaya" as Ally pronounced it.  My hair appt was at 3:00 and I put all of it up per my husband's request!  Every one's hair looked beautiful, especially Alisha's.  At this point she was glowing and looked gorgeous!!
 
The Beautiful Bride!
 
My hair the next morning...still looks good!!
It was time for the ceremony to begin.  The ladies, along with Jase and Allyson, were in Welcome Center watching the slide show of the couple.  I started tearing up while watching it and had to look away.  Alisha was still in good spirits and was talking and laughing.  The bridesmaids starting walking down the aisle and my turn was getting closer and closer.  I decided to hold Ally's hand and walk with her down the aisle.  I thought it was fitting since she was my daughter and I knew if I walked with her she would make it up to the stage.  She did great walking and Jase followed behind us.  The wedding ring that Joseph was going to give Alisha was tied to Jase's pillow, so Shawn and Asa (Joseph's brother and Best Man) untied the ring upon his arrival.

"Hear Comes the Bride" began to play and Alisha and my step-dad walked down the aisle.  Emotions finally caught up with Alisha and she was bawling as she got closer to Joseph.  I'm not sure if there was a dry eye in the sanctuary.  When Alisha got on stage I remember straightening out her dress and telling her to take a deep breath.  I know her nerves were going 90 to nothing.

So, by this time Allyson was standing next to me, then she walked behind me and sat on the steps in the choir loft.  She walked behind the wedding set-up to Shawn then walked in front of the couple on the stage!!  I hurried and grabbed her and picked her up. She left me hold her for a second, then she wanted down and walked over to daddy behind the wedding set-up.  At this point her no nap was kicking in.  Luckily she went straight to Shawn, put her head on his shoulder and fell asleep.  You would think that was the end of it, but no we still had one more child on stage.  Our son begins to smell and (are you ready for this??) lick her feet!! She was not wearing shoes, so he was smelling and licking the bottom of her feet.  SICK!  Shawn was holding Ally on his shoulder and really couldn't see what was going on, and the bride and groom were in my view so I couldn't either.  I could see my brother giggling so I leaned over to Becca and asked her what was going on and she told me.  I could have died!!! All of those people watching and he was doing that.  I think he finally stopped, but what a mess!!!


You May Kiss the Bride!!
 Bro. Darren Dunn did a great job on the ceremony and was even a little emotional himself.  He was their youth pastor when they were in high school and is now the college sunday school teacher, so he has got to know them pretty well over the years.  After the ceremony we took pictures and little Ally was still out.  I'm a little bummed that I did not get a picture of the 4 of us in our wedding attire though.  It's not every day that your sister gets married and everyone is all dressed up.  Oh well, not much we can do now.

The reception was great.  The couple ate, mingled a little, cut cake, threw the bouquet/garter and made their grand exit to the limo.  Alisha texted me later that night and said that it was perfect, so that's all that matters!!  I'm so happy for them and glad that I got to be part of their special day!!


Couple cutting the cake...it was gorgeous!!

Alisha and Becca!
 

Speech time!!


No comments: