Saturday, August 27, 2016

Deer Park Fun

The days are happening so fast these days, it is hard to keep up with the blog. I love doing it, but finding the time is the issue. Anyhow, we took a trip down to Deer Park earlier this month and visited family and a couple of friends.  
We stayed at Shawn's parents' house and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it. Plenty of toys {and grandparents} to play with. And Hank LOVED the backyard; he was reliving his youth in all of the plants and shrubs.
We also met up with the Marquez Family. It was great to see them and catch up! All of the kiddos loved playing together and they are all getting so big! {Side note: I had to borrow Rachel's IG pic, because I didn't take one. And I just found out tonight that my photo editing software I have used for several years now is no longer being supported. #tear Importing photos has been a pain the last 5 months and now I know why. And I cannot even crop this image in the software. Technology. I think I can do more on my iPhone these days than my PC. Ok, rant is over!}
We continue to follow the Astros pretty close, even from the Dallas area. So, when in Houston we had to watch a game! The kids enjoyed it too, but they were bummed that the Minute Maid Squeeze Play area was shut down due to a waiting on a part. Safety first! The kids ate pizza, nachos and ice cream! Standard ops every time.
Maw-Maw and Aunt Carole Ann drove in from Louisiana, so it was great to spend some time with them. We played Farkle a few times, shared many laughs, ate some Italian food...it was a great day!

No comments: