Saturday, July 15, 2017

Surprise Trip

It has been way too long since I have posted. This move has definitely got me off track with blogging, but I'm not throwing in the towel just yet though.

So our little Finn turns 5 this month! In less than 10 days! Shawn and I planned a FUN 5th birthday celebration and decided to tell him on July 1st since it is his birthday month.
He couldn't believe it!! Or any of the other kids for that matter. Every other time we've went we told them just before we left. If you didn't watch the video, then we are going to Walt Disney World in September. We decided to let the summer crowds {and heat} die down a bit before we go. It's actually been kind of fun telling them this far in advance. We've had a ton of planning conversations, which is half the fun for me!

Some great friends of ours shared that they took theirs girls to WDW for their 5th birthday and Shawn and I both agreed that would be a fun tradition for our family. So, when Jase turned 5 it all began! This was my first trip to WDW {at 8 months pregnant!} and Shawn's first overnight stay there. We went again when Ally turned 5 {I was again way pregnant} and we were actually at Magic Kingdom on her birthday, which was a real treat. She got all dolled up at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and we ate dinner in Cinderella's Castle. Fun memories. And we just took a short trip right before Christmas, and not for someone's 5th birthday, but because I wanted to experience it at Christmastime. It did not disappoint. We were going ninety-to-nothing the whole week, but it was super fun.

Allyson and I sat down last weekend and made a WDW countdown calendar. It was nothing fancy, just notecards, markers, pens and crayons. The time sitting next to Ally and working with her was my favorite part about it! Here are a couple of my favorite cards. The ones she made are gold!





No comments: