Thursday, July 29, 2010

Carlo's Bakery

Forgot to mention that when leaving the city I had one more place on my check list to visit (I'm not kidding either)!  None other than Carlo's Bakery...aka Cake Boss on TLC!  Hoboken, NJ was less than 20 minutes from NYC so I had to check it out.  When we drove by I nearly died...a couple of hundred of people were standing outside in a line with metal barricades. 
This is a CVS, half a block from Carlo's!  The line stopped and continued across the street.
I thought, that is at least an hour wait and with two kids...no way, I cannot do this to them!!  I was kind of bummed, thinking that we are right here and do not get to go in.  Jase overheard Shawn and I talking about it and he said "it's ok, we can go stand in line, it's not long."  It was really sweet.  Plan B...Shawn dropped me off and he took the kids to a local park to play.  By the time I got in line there were 20-30 more people than the above picture.  While walking up, I asked one the bakery's bouncers (haha) how long they thought it would take and he said probably close to 2 hours!  Well...he was right!  It took 2 hours from the time I got in line to the time I walked out of the door with my goodies.

I ended up ordering some canollis, cream puffs, chocolate eclairs, lobster tail, crumb cake, red velvet cupcake, and a carrot cake cupcake.  And let me say all were delish!!  I follow the show so it was pretty cool to be able to go in the store and see the real deal.  I got to talk to Mary for a second and Frankie (sp?) came down stairs for a phone call.  It was crazy in there, but I'd do it all again!!  Btw, Buddy and his family were in Italy on vacation.

I realize I look corny, but look I'm under the Carlo's Bakery sign!  LOL!
Frankie on the phone (Buddy's cousin)
Mary...her personality on TV is real!
About to unwrap the goodness!
Heaven, I'm in Heaven!!

No comments: