Saturday, July 31, 2010

Jessica turns 30!!

Well...I am officially 30...lol!  Shawn is a year older than me, so I kind of gave him a hard time about it last year "man, you're 30"...all fun and games.  So, this year was my year.  Not that I was completely against being 30 or thought it was old, I've just been in my 20's for 10 years now and wanted to stay!  I kept telling him "I don't want anything big, just dinner with our family, no surprises."  And I really meant it.  It wasn't one of those no, but I really mean yes.  I guess I just did not want all the attention when you get right down to it.

Anyways, after Church on Sunday morning we went over to my parents house for lunch and hung out there most of the afternoon.  After lunch we sang happy birthday and had cake and ice cream (yellow butter cake with chocolate icing...yum, yum...Thanks Shawn!!).  My mom and I ran an errand and figured Shawn and the kids would have went home and my mom could just drop me off at my house.  When we got back he was asleep on the couch.  My mom had an interview on Monday so she was trying on clothes and getting ready for that.  I lost track of time and before I knew it it was 5:35 and Church starts at 6:00.  No one was dressed for Church, except Ally so we had a problem.  Long story short, Ally stayed at my mom's and we drove home to get ready.  Shawn was supposed to work in the booth and Jase was throwing a fit because he did not want to leave Nanny and PawPaw's house...not ideal at all!

No 0 candle, so Shawn made a 0 out of other candles! I love it!!
Mom and Me cutting the cake!
We end up showing up to Church like 15-20 minutes late (good thing we are not in Baytown anymore!).  After Church we were going over to Jay and Michelle's for dinner.  I needed to go by HEB to pick up some baggies for Jay's trip to Haiti and I wanted to swing by the house and pick up the leftover cake and ice cream to bring to their house.  Jay ended up calling when we were leaving HEB and asked where we were because he was getting hungry.  LOL!  We show up at Jay and Michelle's and I see the girls peeking out of the front window.  I did not think anything of it and they are probably just waiting on us because their dad is hungry.  Well, I walk in and lo and behold everybody is there!!  My mom and dad, Shawn's parents, Shawn's sister and her family, Jeanie, Marquez Family, Warrick Family, Johnson Family, and Pope's.  It was great!!  I was so surprised about it all...not a clue one.

Originally we were going to be getting home from NY Sunday evening, on my birthday, but ended up getting home on Friday night.  So apparently the plans kept changing.  Haha!  Shawn said that he was a nervous wreck because he was emailing on my phone in NY, trying to keep them updated and figure out what was going on.  I had no idea.!!  Now I did see a text from Jeanie come through on his phone about a week before and wondered what that was about, but did not really think much about it after that day.  It was awesome!!  A special thanks to Shawn, Michelle and my mom for the food, cake, and decor...it was all great!

Isn't this cake awesome?! Tastes as good as it looks too!  Fantastic job Michelle!  Look at the brand name inside the shoe...JESSICA!!
Tasty as well!  Btw...chocolate icing was fabulous...I could eat it out of the bowl!  Don't need to, but I could!
Happy Birthday...Round 2!!  Yes, same shirt!  LOL!
A funny or two...while at my mom's for lunch I noticed that she had about 5-7 avocados and I asked her if I could cut one up for Ally for lunch.  She said yes and to use as many as I wanted.  I ended up cutting up two and making a little guacamole.  Well, she had bought them for the surprise party!!  So when we were at the party she told everyone that there would have had more guacamole if I wouldn't have used two of the avocados!  Haha!!  And my dad ended up bringing Ally to Church and I didn't see my mom there at all.  I even wondered...why didn't she come??  When we arrived at Michelle's, she said "I had to make the chicken salad! Y'all wouldn't leave my house!"  And when Jay called Shawn while we were at HEB he was just calling to see where we were.  And originally Shawn was only in the booth so it would stall us and give others time to get to the Pope's.  Looking back I am piecing it all together.  Good stuff.  What a great day!

No comments: