Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A few funnies for the day

I took the kids out today for some shopping...trying to get ready for Ally's birthday party.  Jase never ceases to amaze me with his words.  Here are a few things that cracked me up.

Background...we were given a Strawberry Shortcake DVD and Jase loves it.  I mean can sing all of the songs and now has an imaginary friend from the cast...Coco Calipso.  She lives on Seaberry Island (LOL)!  Anyhow, Coco went with us today to run errands and I hear Jase talking to her in Hobby Lobby, which is normal for him if he's playing by himself at home.  I am listening and the next thing I hear is "Coco, Coco Calipso you do not do that."  That is totally from me!!  I started laughing out loud on that one because I can hear myself saying "Jase, Jase Aubrey..."

Then in the parking lot I am changing Ally's diaper in the passenger seat and Jase is standing next to me looking underneath the seat.  He pulls something out and says "look Mom a football"!  I have no idea how long that has been under there.  Then I say something like "what else is under there?" Of course...he pulls out a diaper...size 2!!!  Ally is currently in size 3, but has been in them for over 6 months now.  So if you have rode in my car over the past 6 months and wondered what that smell was...well, now you know!!

We went inside Whataburger for lunch and while we were waiting on our food we were getting ready for lunch and he was looking around.  He is pretty observant these days.  Three young hispanic/mexican guys come in and are ordering and Jase starts saying "look, they are boys like me and Daddy, and you're a girl..."  I answer back with "yes, you are right."  Then he says "that one looks like Jose, is that Jose, is his name Jose?" (He has a cousin Jose that is the same age and build to that boy that was in line.)  His voice was not a whisper and I'm sure everyone could hear him.  LOL!  I explained that it wasn't Jose, but he did look like Jose.

No comments: