Monday, August 23, 2010

La Pescado...

With work and family priorities I have not been able to fish near home as much as I used to, but I got a call from John Snyder and he said that he caught about 60 or so trout and reds in the surf, so it was time to go fishing! It just happened that this week was my Friday off from work so I was able to go Friday and Saturday for a few hours each morning. Friday started off nice with a SW wind at about 5 mph and calm surf. We waded out picking up a trout here and there but many were just under the 15" min. At about 0700 it went nuts with hook-ups or blow-ups every cast until about 9:30, but still many of the fish were just under 15". One good school came through, and we picked up some good trout up to 25" and a few reds up to 26.5". Final tally for the day was 13 trout and 3 reds.


Saturday we arrived about an hour earlier and I had caught 3 trout and strung one before the light had even broke the horizon. I thought it was going to be unbelievable, but when the sun got up I could see the water was gin clear, and the bait and fish just were not in there like the day before. Nate managed 3 good keepers and I only had the one from early in the morning, but it was still a great day on the water.




Friday morning in the surf...get ready we are gonna get em'.





Thomas with one of the many trout of the day.


The best trout of the day at 25".








The best red of the day at 26.5"

Saturday morning sunrise, the colors were amazing!



Nate with a solid trout.

The infamous Brown Pelican.

A smile only a mother could love...or a trout fisherman!

No comments: