Friday, September 11, 2015

10 Months for Mae

Not only is Maebry 10 months old today, but 1 year ago today we closed on our house up here. Wow, a year ago!
Our sweet Mae. She now has 4 teeth {2 on the bottom and the 2 big honkers on top have broke through}. She is a great eater and there has not been one thing she has turned down. I have stopped making purees for her, because she really enjoys chewing food. I do buy her some organic food pouches for on the go or when I'm in a pinch. Nursing has slowed down; it's like she is weaning herself. Maebry has been sleeping in her bed every night {all night long} for nearly 2 weeks now. Can I get a Halleluiah, Praise the Lord? Seriously though, my quality of sleep has tripled since she has started doing this. And she has been taking several steps. I love it! This was her two nights ago.

 Here is some footage of her today. She owns the shopping cart!
We love you sweet Mae and thank the Lord for you.
09.11 - Definitely a day that stirs an American's heart. I vividly remember that day, when the attacks happened. I was at college {University of Texas at San Antonio: UTSA} and I was waiting for my business law class to start and had some time to kill. I went into the computer lab and they had a TV when you entered. They had the news footage on and the first tower had just been hit, and then I watched the second tower get hit in real time. I was shocked. I ran across campus to tell Shawn, who was about to go into class. He had no clue what I was talking about since he hadn't witnessed it, and I'm sure my words were all jumbled. We stayed up late, just glued to the television, hoping and praying they would find people alive in all that rubble. Goodness. Just terrible. I was not walking with the Lord at the time in my life, but I prayed to God, asking Him to be with those people and their families. I could not even imagine. Continuing to pray for those families effected by that tragic event. We will never forget.

As I read Psalm 27 today, I thought it was so applicable, as the bible is.

Psalm 27
27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
    of whom shall I be afraid?
When evildoers assail me
    to eat up my flesh,
my adversaries and foes,
    it is they who stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me,
    my heart shall not fear;
though war arise against me,
    yet I will be confident.
One thing have I asked of the Lord,
    that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
    and to inquire in his temple.
For he will hide me in his shelter
    in the day of trouble;
he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
    he will lift me high upon a rock.
And now my head shall be lifted up
    above my enemies all around me,
and I will offer in his tent
    sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
    be gracious to me and answer me!
You have said, “Seek my face.”
My heart says to you,
    “Your face, Lord, do I seek.”
    Hide not your face from me.
Turn not your servant away in anger,
    O you who have been my help.
Cast me not off; forsake me not,
    O God of my salvation!
10 For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
    but the Lord will take me in.
11 Teach me your way, O Lord,
    and lead me on a level path
    because of my enemies.
12 Give me not up to the will of my adversaries;
    for false witnesses have risen against me,
    and they breathe out violence.
13 I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living!
14 Wait for the Lord;
    be strong, and let your heart take courage;
    wait for the Lord!

No comments: