Thursday, November 17, 2016

2:7 Graduation

Shawn and I have been taking a discipleship class at church this year. We have met on nearly every Thursday night for two hours, beginning back in January. The 2:7 series is based on Colossians 2:7 scripture reference which states, "Rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." (NIV)

Every class we would discuss what we had studied in the word that week during our quiet time, say our scripture memory verses for our group, have topical Bible discussions, and shared life. We also wrote out our salvation testimony and shared it a couple of times. In doing this I am now prepared to tell others how God has touched my life and saved me, and it is not based on anything I have done right, but by His grace alone. "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Each week Shawn and I have shared our life with our group {James, Sharon and Diane} and they have been such joy to do life with this past year. We will definitely miss the weekly sweet fellowship with them.

Here are all the table leaders getting recognized during the graduation. I cannot say enough about James. He was such a blessing to me, and to Shawn as well. Very knowledgeable in the word and knew just how to bring a point home that made sense. He encouraged us to memorize our bible verses each week and without him doing that I would have memorized way less. He introduced us to conversational/popcorn prayer, which I was a little nervous at first praying in front of people I did not know that well, but it was such a blessing to pray with our group each week.
Our sweet group. Diane and Sharon are mom and daughter and they were a delight each week. They both work in Dallas in the healthcare industry and it was a blessing to get to know them; genuine people.
And of course we were missing one of our members on graduation night. Shawn had to be in Louisiana for a couple of meetings, but I could not leave him out of the picture! I loved being next to him all year, discussing the bible, working on verses. I'm thankful for him and how he loves the Lord and leads our family.
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16

No comments: