Thursday, June 15, 2017

My little artist

Ally loves to draw. There is just nothing else about it. It is definitely her element. With that comes the endless amounts of paper and map pencils I find on the tables. We are still working on our clean-up skills, but we will get there.

Here are a "few" of Ally's original drawings.
With all of these drawings, I bet you can't tell what she'd rather be doing than her schoolwork? It keeps me on my toes to keep her focused and engaged and not turning her + sign into a flower. Or a zero into a person's head. The struggle is real for her. And me! With all of that said, she has done great this year and has made a lot of progress. And she still surprises me on certain things. For example, we just started multiplication and she totally has an understanding of the concept, which is wonderful! We are still working on our math lessons for 2nd grade, but we will finish up shortly. I'm kind of thankful that she did not finish on time, this way she is continually practicing over the summer. Here is a short clip of her working out a problem.
As you know we have bought a home that was in need of major renovations. We should be getting countertops soon and that has been the topic of many conversations. Ally brought me this drawing last week where she was comparing our options: granite, quartz and marble. Notice the $$$$ next to marble because she knows it is the most expensive. Too funny, these kids do not miss a beat. Also notice at the top of her paper is one of our favorite shows: Texas Flip N Move. It is filmed right here in the DFW area. I recently went to a retailer they use on the show and the kids (especially Ally) thought that was pretty neat.
Family portrait of my 4 kiddos by Allyson Kate French. I just love her and I love finding these treasures!


No comments: