Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Birthday Surprise

Where have June and July gone? We have not had a normal school routine here at the house, but yet we have managed to stay super busy. And Mr. Finn has kept me on toes, especially now that he is mobile! Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I notice that as he becomes more active so am I!

With Finn's birthday party planning underway, I really did not want to do anything for mine. {My older two don't understand why I do not have a full blown party with a theme...love them!} And for those of you who do not know, Finn's birthday is July 23rd and mine is the 25th.  Last year I was released from the hospital, taking home the best gift possible!! So sweet! 

Anyway, we did not have anything planned at all.  I woke up on Wednesday, the 24th and Finn and I were in the kitchen making breakfast.  I look down on the counter and see this:


As I was waiting for the bread to pop out of the toaster, I could not stop grinning!! The note was so sweet and thoughtful. He told me that I would be picked up at half past noon for my birthday mission. He said that we would spend a night at the park seeing a righty vs. lefty duel! {funny story...we had just watched "Here Comes the Boom" with Kevin James the night before and it has MMA fighting in it, so my first thought was that he was taking me to a boxing match...yikes! Moments later I clicked!} The letter also said the the kiddos would be taken care of and the place of our stay would take care of breakfast and our sore muscles!! Massage baby!! Then reality settled in and I thought about Finn's party at our house on Saturday and got a little antsy. But oh well, I knew it would all work out, it always does.


Traffic was crazy getting there, we hit rush hour so that slowed things down a bit and there was also a soccer game going on at Cowboys Stadium just right down the street.  But we made it in time.  :)

I really enjoyed going to the Texas Rangers' ballpark.  Always fun to see how other teams run things. For example, they had a TON of workers, mainly college-aged kids and they only had a few people selling alcoholic beverages in the stands.  The vendors were selling food items like hot dogs, churros, cotton candy, bottled water, frozen lemonade. I just thought it was neat how they mixed it up.

Shawn had spoke to Andy a while back and asked which game he was going to pitch, so that was really neat to be there at his game.  While the Yankees did not get the win, we enjoyed being there and supporting him!



After the game, we picked up a couple of Frosty's and headed back to the bed and breakfast. Shawn picked out the perfect little place.  It was so quaint and very relaxing...just my speed.




He had a massage set up for me the next morning at the spa across the street {which was still affiliated with the bed and breakfast}.  I enjoyed it so much, it was so relaxing.  I have only had a handful of massages, so this was a nice surprise from him.  I also got a spa pedicure...what girl doesn't like being pampered, especially on her birthday!?!  {Can you tell I was a little worn out?}



What a wonderful surprise from my husband. While we are running 100 mph with life, he took time to think of me and plan this trip. And if he would have asked me to go, I probably would have said no since we had just went to Austin earlier this month and Finn's party was only a couple of days away. But, I'm glad he didn't ask and planned it himself.  And also a big thank you to my sister and mother-in-law for watching the kiddos! 

My mom and sister came over and surprised me with a fruit arrangement...super yummy! We nearly ate the whole thing in one sitting.  And then we went to Baskin Robbins!! #dietprobs!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! Glad you had such a great birthday and some time away with Shawn.