Sunday, November 2, 2014

40 Weeks!

Well, I made it to my due date! I thought for sure I would have an October baby, but I was wrong. I'm glad I'm not a betting woman!

I went to the doctor on Friday morning and my blood pressure was good {110/72} and the baby's heart rate was in the 140's. When he checked me, there was no change from last week. Still at 2 cm and 50% effaced. And my baby girl was up higher than last week. My doctor said it could have been from a full bladder, but there's no telling. I'm pretty sure Ally followed this same pattern {and I went into labor with her at 41 weeks}. My girls just may take longer to get ready, you know all that Princess Prep! While I am excited and ready, I know she needs this time to finish developing. Can't wait for her arrival in the next week or sooner!
Here are the kids on the way to church this morning. Car seat is installed and we are ready to go! I think we will be making one switch on the seating assignments. Finn and Ally will be switching places. Mr. Finn can be a bit rough at times, so I think we have agreed to boys in the back and girls in the front. That way Ally can help Mommy with the baby, if needed.
Below was my bed this morning. We had a long, long night with Finn. We made the mistake of letting him take a late nap, so he stayed up later than usual because of that. Then he just wasn't a happy camper throughout the night, not sure what was going on. And Miss Ally has been making a nightly appearance in our room lately. It is usually in the early morning hours and she wants Mommy. We explained that once her baby sister arrives, she will need to stay in her own bed all night. We shall see how that goes. We have a king-sized bed, but with crazy sleepers there was no room for two adults. Shawn ended up sleeping in Ally's bed for the remaining hours, but looking back on it...wow, what a deal he got! LOL! I told him next time I am going in Ally's room! By the way, Finn's head is touching my side. Close quarters.

No comments: