Sunday, November 9, 2014

41 weeks, oh my!

{FYI: This post contains more information than I usually share. Please feel free to laugh, with me!}

I got this notification this morning. Why thank you, Baby Center! There is hope that she will come out after all!
I was hoping that my next blog post would be introducing Miss Maebry to everyone, but as you can see, I am not in control. Ha! 41 weeks and taking it day by day. Wish I could say 41 weeks and going strong, but let's be real!
Last thing I posted had to do with my two weekly appointments this past Tuesday and Thursday. My exam or any of the home remedies I have tried since then have not helped induced labor whatsoever.

Speaking of home remedies for inducing labor, let me share one with you on NOT to try. I searched exercises for inducing labor and came across a post that mentioned a Yoga Dance that helped some people. Hey, we like to dance over here, let's check it out. I came across a couple of videos when searching. Here is the first one.

Did you laugh? I died watching it. Rest assured, I did not try that one. And I tried to picture myself doing that dance, having Shawn record it and then posting it to YouTube. Not in a million years.

Then I found the one I had read about. It basically suggested that you rub your belly counter clockwise for 1 minute and then do wide leg squats for 3 minutes, then repeat. Here is the video for that one. There was not a whole lot of dancing going on in my end...I was trying to get through the squats! I ended up doing 2 reps: 2 minutes of belly rubs and 6 minutes of squats. This was late Thursday night.

Fast forward to Friday afternoon. I started feeling not so great. Pain in my rear and thighs. {Here is your TMI warning.} The pain in my rear ended up being a hemorrhoid. Holy cow. I do not wish one of those on anyone. I think all of the pressure from the baby and the 6 minutes of squats created that monster. Shawn went to the store and bought some things to help me cope with the pain. And you know that feeling when you haven't worked out in forever, and then completely over do it and are sore for nearly 3 days?? That's me right now. I had thoughts about sleeping on the toilet so I would not have to get up and down to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Haha! Geez!!! Moral of the story: do not do exercises that you have not been regularly doing at 41 weeks pregnant! This too shall pass.

I called Labor and Delivery yesterday to check the induction list {on a desperate plea to be induced}. I was informed that I was on the waiting list for Monday - Thursday. Thursday...why in the world would I be on the list for Thursday?!? Dear Lord, please hear my cries. Not even kidding. I just called again to check on Monday and I am on the waiting list for tomorrow, not even on THE list yet. So, unless I go into labor on my own or unless some people ahead of me on the list go into labor on their own, Monday will not be the day.

Miss Mae, we are so excited about your arrival. Every morning Jase is disappointed to see me because he wants me to be at the hospital, delivering you! He asks me several times a day "when are you going to have Maebry?" I sure wish I knew. I know that you are being formed to God's perfection and you are beyond worth the wait {and the hemorrhoid}. Looking forward to holding you in my arms for the first time.

I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck,
Mama

1 comment:

My Family said...

I am cracking up! Praying for you Jessica. You can do this!