Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thankful

This year we were not going all out on the food, just keep it simple. And I think we say that every year, but it never ends up that way. I read something last week that said the worst thing about Thanksgiving is that the two days of preparation and work is over in 15 minutes. While that is totally true for our house, I am thankful for the two days. I always enjoy the kitchen time with my family, especially my mom. She is an awesome cook and there is always something I can learn from her.
Allyson loves to take selfie pictures. I decided to take a few with her on Thanksgiving. Notice a couple of our pirate pictures! Arg Matey!
My mom was up for a few days and my step-dad, brother and his girlfriend drove up for a couple of days. We missed having my sister with us this year. Below, the kids just had to eat outside...getting their daily dose of Vitamin D! We tried a new sweet potato recipe this year, oh my goodness, it tasted like candy and I will definitely be making it again! Thank you, Pioneer Woman!!
We got a couple of family pictures that evening on our bed. I think this is our first family photo since Miss Maebry has joined us.
I didn't get the silly face memo! Even Mae knew what was going on!
Maebry Leigh, such a sweet little girl. We just love her so much. Below she is wearing the same onesie and tutu that Ally wore on her first Thanksgiving in 2009! I'll have to find that picture and post it. I blogged about it, but it was on my old blog and for some reason they have archived all of my posts. Boo!
Ok...I found my archived blog!! Yay!! Only thing is that not all of the pictures were archived and it only saved 100 posts, so only the newest 100 posts were saved {missing when I was pregnant with Jase and when he was a newborn}. Better than nothing for sure. I found myself reading and reminiscing 5 years ago when Ally was born. Goodness. I cannot believe it has been that long ago! And wow, I had no idea how much Ally and Mae favored each other. Sisters, so sweet!
 
Here is the picture of Ally in the same onesie and tutu as Mae above. Ally was almost 3 months in these pictures and Mae was 2 weeks {the onesie was super big on Mae}. And Jase below...reminds me of Finn!
Here are a few pictures of Ally when she was just a young pup. Again, I see Finn when I look at Jase's picture below. And maybe because this is the age that Finn is now, chubby cheeks...I love it!
Ok, a couple more and I'm finished!
 

No comments: