Friday, December 12, 2014

Time with family

This past weekend we had family in town to spend some time with us. Shawn's sister, Kimberly and two of her sons, Coby and Lance, came up along with Shawn's parents. It was really a nice weekend with them. And Jase was reunited with his best buddy, Coby. They did just about everything together this weekend: played basketball, rode bikes, played Legos, played pirates/adventurers/explorers, fished. I know Jase thoroughly enjoyed this time.
Saturday afternoon Jase had his first basketball game. His team has only practiced twice, so I wasn't sure how the game would go. Well, it didn't go very well to say the least. His poor team could not get past half court with the ball. Jase played great and hustled up a storm; I was really proud of him. We did score 1 basket, so we were not shut out. Ha! This past week at practice another coach came to help run things and help the boys out. Thankful for that. We shall see what this Saturday holds!

On Saturday Shawn had a work Christmas party to attend. I was a little torn on what I was going to do. Go, don't go, go and bring the baby and put her in my sling. I knew that a 3 week old wasn't the norm for this type of party, but I was still only solely nursing. We ended up asking Shawn's sister to join us and sit with Maebry up in the hotel room and to text me if I needed to come up and nurse. It was really a great night with Shawn and I'm glad I was able to go and have a good time. You should have seen everyone's face when I told them we had a 3 week old in a room upstairs. Ha! A special thanks to Kimberly for keeping Mae and to Shawn's parents for keeping all the others back at home.
After Church on Sunday, we all grabbed a bite to eat at Rosa's CafĂ© for a little Mexican food before they headed back home. We'll see friends and family again soon at Christmastime!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great picture of you and Shawn. You look so pretty! The kids look so big. Mrs. Dunn was talking to me about how there was something about Paige that reminded her of Ally. I see it too. lol