Monday, February 23, 2015

Snow day...sort of

It was more like an ice day, but a snow day sounds a little more exciting!! We woke up this morning to ice hitting the windows. And then I looked outside and saw all the white!! We did not have much of this at all back home, so it was neat to see this morning.
Since we homeschool, we do not really participate in the "snow days" like public school. The show must go on. Plus we were playing catch up a little from last week, so we had our work cut out for us. But I am happy to report that we pushed through and finished it all. Back on schedule for tomorrow! I will sleep better tonight! ;-)

The kids bundled up and headed outside for a bit after school was over. Finn was talking to me and Maebry on the other side of the window. It was just a bit chilly to bring Mae outside.
Our driveway...it is probably one of my least favorite things about the house. It has a huge slope. Not ideal for shooting hoops or riding your bike on. But what it is good for is sledding!! And we put it to good use today! All of us, except Finn and Mae joined in on the fun. Watch our videos below!
I was reading this afternoon in Isaiah 55 and when I came across these verses, it was perfect for today.
10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
    and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
    giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
    it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
    and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
God has a plan and a purpose for everything. My job is not to always come up with the plan, but to trust the One who has the plan. The bible says that His word will not return empty or void, but will fulfill exactly what He set out to accomplish. So reassuring as I read this today. I don't have to have it all figured out, I have to simply trust in the One who has already figured out.

No comments: