Monday, June 15, 2015

Date Night

While my mom was in town, we took advantage of having a babysitter and we hit to the town for a little date night! But that morning I had a previous engagement to take care of. Time for a trim! My hair had gotten so long for me, it was probably the middle of my back. It had been well over a year the last time I had got it cut and it really needed a trim. I ended up cutting 6-7 inches off. It is so light now and looks so much healthier.
I had to document the straight hair, because this will probably won't happen again anytime soon.
We went to The Square in Denton for our date. It is a cool location, with tons of good food and a neat atmosphere and good for people watching. ;-) Not people judging, just watching. We ate at J&J's Pizza on the Square, which was good. We haven't ate pizza in well over a month since we have been avoiding dairy at home with Jase. It was tasty and we'd go back.

The Denton County Courthouse was cool. I really love historic places and reading about them. I think homeschooling has really sparked my interest in History and I am thankful for that.
After dinner, we took a stroll on the square and let our food digest a bit. It was so nice to talk to one another without being interrupted. I love my kiddos, but it was nice and very relaxing evening.
We stopped in Beth Marie's Old Fashioned Ice Cream for dessert. It is an old school ice cream parlor. I can't wait to take the kids back here...they will love it. And there are so so many flavors to choose from. I could not make up my mind, so I went with a chocolate malt and a scoop of ice cream. Ha! I would highly recommend going here if you're in Denton.
Before heading out we stopped and listened to some live music on the square. One of our favorite past times for sure. I love this man and am thankful for him.
 

No comments: