Monday, June 1, 2015

First Swim of the Year

This afternoon we got out for a Sonic Splash during happy hour. I decided to stop by our neighborhood pool and check our electronic key to make sure it was working. We tried it a few months ago and it did not work for some reason, so I thought we better get it working with swimming season approaching. We pulled up and people were swimming. Woohoo! And a bonus, our key worked! The whole drive home I debated back and forth in my head: "Do I take them swimming? Can I handle 4 at the pool alone?" When we got home I asked Finn if he wanted to go swimming and he said yes. Ok, let's do it!

Look at little Mae with her swimsuit on!! So much cuteness...I had to take her picture.
Here is some footage of the kiddos right before we left. Jase is going down the yellow tube slide and swimming to the side of the pool. Ally is finishing up a quick snack and Finn is people watching! Ha!
The water was still a little chilly, but it didn't stop the kiddos at all. And surprisingly, it wasn't hectic at all. No poop swim diapers or melt downs! Ha!

Speaking of taking the kids outdoors, we took a trip to the park last week. It was on Wednesday, which was one of the only days we did not have rain last week. The park was pretty saturated with water, but it was nice to get outside! And it was Mae's first time to swing!!
And I totally forgot to document Mae's first tooth. On Sunday, May 17th, I was tucking Ally into bed and Maebry usually joins us for devotions. Maebry bit down on my finger and lo and behold she had a tooth in there. It was her bottom right tooth. Then 3 days later, the left one appeared! Big girl!

No comments: