Friday, October 23, 2015

Homeschool Disney Day

This morning I went into my closet to get dressed for the day and I saw a Mickey Mouse shirt at the top of my closet. I decided to put it on. I walked out of my room {the kids were all sitting at the kitchen table} and declared it Homeschool Disney Day! I told them they needed to all put on a Mickey Mouse shirt. No arguments from the crowd, as they hopped up to get dressed. 

I grabbed some Mickey Mouse party hats from Finn's party this summer. 
The kids actually already had the Disney Day underway this morning before I officially announced it. They were looking through their autograph books during breakfast, which they often do. Such sweet memories on the two trips we've taken there.
What you see in the pictures is about the extent to what we did in celebration of Disney Day. It was a spur of the moment decision, so not much planning on my part. The kids did enjoy the theme. I used some Disney washi tape on their work, Finn and I colored a Mickey puzzle together and Finn watched a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show while the kids finished up school. Jase also wrote about his favorite 3 things at Disney World in his journal: 1) Expedition Everest, 2) Space Mountain, and 3) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. And he drew a roller coaster as well. So fun reminiscing about Disney World today. It did make the day a little more *magical*. Looking forward to going back one day. 

1 comment:

June's Notes said...

Hi Jessica!
Great idea! I loved homeschooling so much. A piece of advice - Don't let them graduate!! Much love, June