Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Pumpkin Patch

For many years we visited a local church that had a pumpkin patch set-up. We would take pictures of the kids there, it was fun, it was tradition. That all changed when we moved last year and no longer had the church around the corner. There are plenty of similar things like that up here, we just have been so busy with extracurricular activities, that we haven't had time. 

Yesterday before dance, me and the kids ran into Walmart for some fruit {for the AHG badge ceremony last night} and a pumpkin and they were completely sold out of pumpkins. Fail big time on my part. I would go to Walmart and sometimes they legitimately would not have any good ones and a couple of times I forgot to get one since they were outside. Needless to say the kids were a little bummed that Walmart was sold out and we were just days away from Halloween. I promised them we would get one.

This morning we got out for a couple of the kids' annual check-ups and after lunch I told them we would find a pumpkin! The first Kroger we stopped at in Frisco had a ton! So much so that I gathered the kids together for their annual pumpkin patch photo...at Kroger! Ha! 
In the picture above you can see a man's reflection in the glass. As I was rounding up the kids for a picture he was trying to walk by. I stopped and told him he could pass by since I was about to take a picture and we might be a few minutes. He stopped and said "no I want to see this!" Then he said "they can't be all yours." I told him they sure were. He made a comment about doing the Texas thing {?} and good for me. He was super sweet and enjoyed seeing the kids. Don't worry, he did not have the creeper factor going on!!
We ended up getting two pumpkins. Jase picked out one and the other was one Mae was hanging onto. We are excited about carving the pumpkins in the next day or two. 

1 comment:

My Family said...

Great pictures! You would never know they were at krogers. Lol. Gotta make those memories wherever you can. 😅