Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May the 4th

Happy May the 4th be with you! The kids and I had a fun day celebrating Star Wars Day! They are old enough now to anticipate it's coming. We gave all of our food items fun names in honor of the special day. Breakfast: Yoda's Yogurt, Wookie Watermelon, Order 66 Oatmeal, Blaster Bagels, Hoth Ice Water. Lunch: Padme's Pickles, Millenium Meat Roll-ups, Ezra's Eggs, Galactic Gatorade. Dinner: Republic Ramen (Jase has been on a kick lately!), Tatooine Taco Salad. It was super fun and we all got into it. Even me! Guess it's been too long since I've planned a party! Lol!! 

When Ally woke up Jase said "Ally, you want some Wookie Watermelon?" You should have seen her face light up. Too cute. And we all got dressed up in our Star Wars attire. I even dug a shirt out for Maebry that Ally wore 4 years ago at Jase's 5th birthday party, that I had made. 
Look at this little cutie. She is all smiles right here. Scroll down. 
This was right before I made her laugh. Little pistol! I can do that face too sister...you got it from someone. Haha!
The kids talked me into going to Walmart. Jase wanted to spend some of his birthday money and Ally wanted to see if there was anything she could buy. We spent the majority of the time in the toy section, but we had to make a pit stop at the restroom. On our way there we passed the big display of TVs and it happened to be playing a Star Wars commercial. We could not stop because Mother Nature was calling. But afterwards, we headed back over to electronics and an employee, that had saw us in route to the restroom, flagged us down and told us she had some Star Wars posters we could have. I had the kids pose with the posters in front of the TV's until the Star Wars clip came on again. I even had a cashier that was on break stop and talk to us and she was all excited for the picture! Yes, we are nerds! You should have heard her "y'all get ready, look at your mom, this could be it!" Break time was over and she missed the finale! 
It finally came back on and we did the best we could! It was funny! The little kids wanted to watch the TVs, which complicated the plan a bit. Here is what we got!
They were such troopers! Jase and I were cracking up the whole time! And look at Ally, she was a champ!

We ended the evening watching The Force Awakens. Jase got the movie for his birthday and it was perfect timing to save it for tonight. Shawn and the older two went to the movies and saw it, but it was new to me and Finn. I really enjoyed it and there was not a slow part of the movie. I'm not a SW buff, but I know quite a bit about the story line (from reading all of the stories to Jase over and over again). I think they did a great job of tying in the previous episodes and setting it up for the next one. What a fun day we had!



No comments: