Thursday, June 30, 2016

Fishing fun!

This past weekend, the kids were fishing fools! And Daddy too! They managed to get to the lake 3 times over the weekend. Success for sure. Shawn parents came into town and they brought up two nephews too! {Check out Ally's boots!}
Ally loves to draw. She journaled part of the evening while the boys were fishing. And Maebry took all the lids off the markers!
A few of the catches. While they were small, they were definitely fun to catch.
Saturday morning we drove into Denton for the Farmer's Market. It was a pretty & hot morning! The kids participated in a self defense class in the park and they all loved it.
Earlier that week the two older kids participated in Sportsworld at our church, Denton Bible Church. Jase was in basketball this year and Ally did cheer. They both had a blast!
The red vs. blue rivalry was at it again this year. Both kids were on the red team, but sad to say the blue took home the spirit award this year.
I treated the kids to snow cones one afternoon. Bahama Bucks in Denton was pretty good. I think I could get the shaved ice and be happy!
While the two big kids were gone all day, I sure did have fun with my littles. We ran some errands, stayed at home and played, watched Pioneer Woman {Finn's request!}. It was nice to soak up this time with them. I don't always get alone time with them, so it was good.
After a busy week and weekend, we took it easy Sunday afternoon. There is definitely a reason why God rested on the 7th day: our bodies need it! Thankful to have this time at home with my family.

2 comments:

June's Notes said...

Hi Jessica! I love, love, love to fish, even if they are small. What great fun!! Did you cut your hair? It looks cute either way! I like the spikes however you did it. Love, June

Jessica said...

Hi June! No haircut for me. That look is my "French twist". Ha! I pull it back and twist it up with a clip and the ends of my hair are wild and crazy on the top of my head. I usually sport this look a couple of times a week! #momhair