Thursday, July 21, 2016

Academy Fun

Tuesday evening we took this little guy to Academy to pick out his birthday present. Finn will be 4 on Saturday! Cannot believe it! He is a fun one to be around. He loves baseball and I bet between Shawn, myself and Jase he gets pitched to every single day. He is constantly swinging that baseball bat. He has his indoor set-up, backyard routine and tee workout in the garage. He is super excited to start t-ball in the fall!
I remember being pregnant with him and at my baby shower with my friends and family on Saturday, July 21st. Then on Sunday I remember going to Taco Bell that evening after church with some friends of ours, the Pope's and Teekel's. That meal must have kick started it all! Monday morning I woke up in labor at 37 weeks and 5 days. I started monitoring my contractions and they were getting closer. We called my sister over to sit with the other two kids while Shawn took me to the hospital. And boy oh boy do I remember that ride to the hospital! I felt every single bump! We arrived at the hospital at 8:00 am and I delivered Finn at 11:28 am. He weighed 8 lb 5 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long.
Finn has such a sweet spirit about him. And it has been such a blessing to watch him care for Maebry as her big brother. And Finn and Ally really play well together too. And little Finn wants to be just like big brother Jase! He has a special bond with each of his siblings and I love taking the time and watching all of their relationships develop. Pure joy for sure.
We had such a fun time at Academy. We let the kids roam wild and free and the store was pretty much empty so it wasn't a big deal. Although I must say that we did not get too far from the baseball section, and if we did we ended up coming back to it!

Here are a couple of clips of the kids shopping! Never a dull moment with this crew.
This one is of Maebry. She was shopping for Finn! She is 20 months and is Miss Independent for sure.
This last one is from yesterday. We had just gotten home from running errands and I asked Finn what he wanted to do on his actual birthday. {We are giving Ally and Finn a joint pool party in August.} I couldn't believe what he told me he wants to do! He said he wants to play with his friends Louie and Nicky. He has been talking about these kids for well over a year. And he has another friend, Nickel too. All of them have a Mii character on our Wii. I mean these boys are his buddies, he talks about playing baseball with them and they are going to be on his team this fall. Only thing is I do not know how to set-up playdates with them because they are his imaginary friends.

No comments: