Thursday, July 21, 2016

Vacation Bible School

Vacation Bible School was last week and I think I am just now recovering! It was a great, but busy week. I volunteered in Preschool Crafts again this year and it was a fun time. The sweet ladies I work with are great and the kids are so much fun too! Plus I got to see my little Finn each day!

My sister came up a couple of days and I put her to work as well! Ha! She enjoyed it too!
We took Jase's buddy from our street to VBS all week and he loved it! So glad he could join us.
On Monday afternoon, I took Jase and Ally back up to church for Choir Camp tryouts. The kids will be participating in Choir Camp later this month and they had the opportunity to try out for speaking and singing parts. Both of them did great during the audition and Jase even had to learn a British accent for his part...he did so well. Ally nailed her lines too and at the end they asked if she wanted to tryout for a solo singing part, she said yes! My eyes were probably as big as half dollars. She had only been practicing the drama portion and not a song. She did great though and knew all of the words, which doesn't surprise me with her, because her memory is crazy good. Ally also tried out for a dance part. I was super proud of them, I couldn't stop smiling. We found out later the next day that they did not get any of the speaking parts, so they were bummed, but we reiterated how proud we were and to God be the glory! Ally will be dancing with a group to one of the songs during the play.
Day 2 and we are back at it! Maebry loved the crown I made her. And then she pulled all the jewels off and tore it up! Typical. Ha!
Our church has a community garden. In fact it is the largest community garden in the U.S. and it helps feed the less fortunate who are in need a good, healthy meal. The man who runs the garden, Farmer Gene, came and spoke to the kids on Tuesday during VBS and ended up giving every child in attendance free ice cream cones from Sonic. Come to find out he owns a couple in Denton and his son owns one as well. So, we pulled in and the kids got their free cone! It was just what they needed on this hot day!
Ally lost the other front tooth Tuesday night of VBS week. It was time for it to come out, so she let me pull it!
Our little baseball player working on a craft with Mrs. Barb. Mrs. Barb teaches Sunday School with the 3rd graders, so she has Jase every week.
The last day, the preschoolers got together and sang "Jesus Loves Me" and they sent it to some of our missionaries in France. Maebry's class came in there too and she spotted me from across the room.
 There she is...no shoes or bow...no problem! I'll take her!
Silly boys! "King Talan"
On Friday morning our pastor, Tom Nelson, came by and made the rounds to all of our groups. Here he is with our Preschool Crafts group. He also spoke to all of the kids that morning and I know that was a treat for them.
Our crew for the week! Kids were pumped and Maebry was worn out!
With all of the crafts the kids did all week, Allyson was still trying to get her fill. We made necklaces Friday afternoon while Maebry was napping and then on Sunday she painted in the garage while I painted a bench. She even turned down playing in the water in the backyard to paint! Us gals can always find time to craft!

No comments: