Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween '16

This afternoon I was cleaning up from school and the kids were outside {Mae was asleep}. Jase had mentioned that he wanted to carve his pumpkin with friends. No big deal. I walked out in the garage and this is what I found. It was a full blown carving session! I didn't freak out {like I usually would have}, but it definitely caught me off guard. He got out the black bag to catch all the mess and the tools to carve the pumpkin with and they went to town. It really hit me that he is getting big!
Sports. That's what our boys do, it's what they love right now, so we are running with it. Finn wanted to be a baseball player this year, so that worked for us. He is such a sweet boy and he wants to be just like Jase.
Jase originally was going to be a baseball player as well. And I think it was actually him who talked Finn into being one, but at the last minute he changed his mind today. Most people would not even think that he dressed up, but he is a one of the guys from Dude Perfect. They do crazy good sport shots. If you've never heard of them or seen them in action, check them out on YouTube. They even have a family friendly TV show on CMT. They have an office in Frisco and are all believers in Jesus; we support them. Jase is acting out a common reaction they have when they make a shot...totally his idea!
As for our girls, they did not follow the sports theme! Princesses it is, which is totally fine by me! Maebry was Cinderella this year with silver shoes on as her glass slippers. {This was Allyson's dress!} She was too cute trick-or-treating. She would walk up to a house with a piece of candy and put it in the bucket and take one from the bucket. She obviously didn't rake up the candy like the big kids, but she wasn't as shy as I thought she might have been.
Allyson was Elena of Avalor. It is a cute show on Disney Junior about a Latin Princess who is new to the throne and goes on tons of adventure. I love Allyson's innocent heart and her mind; she is a dreamer. This afternoon I overheard another girl tell her that she did not like Elena, and actually that she hated her, yikes! Later this evening I told Ally not to let others have an influence on how she feels about things, like Elena. She understood exactly what I was talking about and you could tell that she was glad I told her that.
The full crew! My heart overflows when I look at this picture. Thank the Lord for them and allowing me and Shawn to be a part of their lives.
Since we walked around with our neighbors and trick-or-treated, we missed most of the kids who stopped at our house, so we left them some candy and some food for thought.
This girl. Her little smile, I love it. She was actually still long enough for me to take a couple of pics, which is not the norm for her. I love her so. Hard to believe that she'll be 2 years old in less than 2 weeks!

No comments: