Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Craft Time

This morning we continued our Christmas story craft. We made angels (again) to represent the angel visiting Mary and telling her the great news that she was going to have the son of God. Jase really enjoyed making this one. We used scrapbook paper and markers on-hand and Jase used his safety scissors to cut out the shapes of the angel. At first I told him to cut out a triangle and he was struggling, but then I drew one on the paper for him as a guide and that was much better. He did a great job with it!

We also started something new this year. I wrapped 24 books, along with a different Christmas story bible verse and labeled them accordingly on which day to open them. Today the kids opened up the first book: Christmas Cookie. It had a good message about the true meaning of Christmas. I hope the kids look forward to opening a book everyday and reading the book and bible verse throughout the day.

It was a great morning together with my kids on the living room floor. I love these simple mornings with them.

No comments: