Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Elf on the Shelf

Well...we had a special delivery today! After I picked Jase and Allyson up from school today, the Elf on the Shelf was sitting on the table.  Watch the video I took of Jase HERE as he found the Elf box.  He was pretty excited.

I thought this was going to be the best thing ever...um, a little rocky at first.  We got the book out and I read it to them and explained about not touching the Elf.  He threw a fit and I mean a fit.  He told me "just let me hold him" and "he's not magic, he's just a toy."  Complete melt down.  I stood my ground and did not let him touch it.  I turned on the Elf on the Shelf movie and things finally got a little better.  What I thought would be a great thing, was not so great at first.

After Church tonight, all four of us watched the Elf on the Shelf show together and I read the book to Daddy and the kids.  A name was finally agreed upon: Jokey.  Can't wait to see where the kids find Jokey at in the morning.

No comments: