Thursday, February 28, 2013

Valentine's Party!

I have no idea where these past two weeks have went.  I didn't mention it on the blog, but Shawn was gone for 30 days in Angola from the middle of January and returned home on February 15th.  We were beyond excited to have him home!! 



On the day he arrived home, we had planned a Valentine's Day party for us and two other homeschool families in our area.  One could not make it due to illness, but it was still a great time.  I did not go all out on planning it, but I will tell you that I had fun putting it all together.  Most of the items I used were from around the house or the dollar store.  The kids really enjoyed it and that's all that matters!  One of the boys said "it's like Christmas morning!" Melted my heart!! 


All the kiddos enjoyed the sweets and maybe a little too much!  But this was a special get together for them, so why not??


After they ate their goodies, we had a little craft time.  They made bags for their valentines and decorated hearts I had cut out.  Nothing fancy, but they had plenty of supplies and enjoyed making it.


Here are the valentines we made for our exchange.  I found both of the ideas here.


Each homeschooler then passed out their valentines; it was cute!


And no party is complete without an Angry Birds Pinata!! The kids loved this and of course...more candy!


1 comment:

rachel said...

Yay! So glad Shawn is home! And that was the best Valentine's party ever! You truly have the gift of parties and celebrations! My boys are still talking about how fun that was! :)