Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rodeo

This past Tuesday we took the big kids to the rodeo. I don't think I have been there since having kids. Shawn and I both were really excited to make memories with them there.

We first hit up the carnival...holy cow, can you say expensive?!? I do not remember it costing an arm and a leg to ride rides! We spent $20 for Shawn and Jase to ride a roller coaster and me and the kids to ride one together and that's it...that's how far our money went!! Nuts!


After the rides we got some foodie!!! I think every item we purchased was $10. {Can you tell I was in price shock between the rides and the food?} The funnel cake was always one of my favorites, so I had to get one before we left. It was tasty, but remembered it being bigger!! Lol!

We then headed into the stadium to find our seats and get situated for the rodeo. Our seats were great and I was getting so excited for all the rodeo events. They started off with the national anthem and then fireworks. Uh oh!!! Both kids lost it and began to cry; they were scared of the noise. My poor kiddos. Jase calmed down, but Ally did not and Shawn ended up taking her in the concourse area during the first rodeo event.

Jase and I sat there and watched the bronco rides, barrel races, header and heelers and then the bull riders. He told me he wanted to leave before the music started because they would have fireworks again. (He went to rodeo last year with my sister and her husband and he told me he remembered it from then.) So, we headed upstairs before the calf scramble.

I didn't think we would have stayed for the entire concert, but I thought we would have at least listened to a few songs. Oh well. We grabbed a snack and then hit the road. :)  #lifewithkids


No comments: