Friday, March 7, 2014

First {Official} Haircut

I waited until Jase was 18 months old to get his haircut. Jase had these bouncy curls in the back, I just loved them, but it was time. And his curls stayed for a few years as well. Finn's hair is similar to Jase in that it is curly in the back and so I have let it grow and grow and grow. Well, he is now 19 months old and it is time. Not sure if you remember, but I did a bang trim about a month ago in my bathroom...major mullet fail! So, I decided to take the boys on Wednesday to Sports Clips for a cut. I wasn't exactly sure how Finn was going to react, but I soon found out.
We gave him a sucker and after 2-3 licks he did not want it. Now of course Ally asked if she could have it...my little sugar bug! So, she finished it off!
The only way we were able to keep him still was to point at the huge football player poster right in front of him. I just kept saying "ball, football, ball" and then he noticed the baseball field on the other side and I changed to "ball, baseball, ball". Exciting stuff! 
All and all he did great and he looks completely different to me now. He looks way too big! I like it though. He looks like a little boy!
Oh and this boy got a cut too! Mighty handsome if you ask me! Oh and you might notice a cross on his forehead...he drew it on himself. Earlier that day I had explained Ash Wednesday to Jase and Ally and the next thing I knew, he had drawn a cross on his forehead. Our church does not partake in the Ash Wednesday tradition, but I think it is good to explain what it means to our children. 
And speaking of haircuts, Ally asked when she was going to get her hair cut and if I was going to take her to Girl Clips! Hahaha! I have yet to cut her hair. I mean, no trim, nothing. I think because I always had short hair growing up, that I am hanging onto her hair. But she is 4 1/2, I think it's probably about time for a cut for her too.

No comments: