Sunday, March 30, 2014

Celebration Dinner

Last Monday evening, we stopping into Pappasito's for a special dinner, a celebration dinner. We were in the Medical Center for a special doctor appointment. A confirmation of birth doctor appointment. Yes, I am pregnant!! 9 weeks today to be exact. After recently miscarrying a few months ago, this doctor appointment was such a blessing. To see the little baby's heart beating was such a great feeling and a sigh of relief if I can be completely honest. And while I am still in a tender stage of pregnancy, I am trusting God will see me through this, regardless of the outcome. I want to glorify The Lord with my life.

The night before the doctor appointment, we told the kids I was expecting. Ally and Jase both were super excited. Allyson immediately responded with "what's HER name?" It was super cute. And even tonight as we were talking and praying, she prayed for her baby sister, Aurora {which she has named}. I tried to explain to her that if it is a girl, we will be happy and if it is a boy, we will be happy. You can tell she really wants it to be a girl.
A few pictures we took 3 weeks ago. I thought the one of Finn in the picture was just great. Why yes Finn, we prayed for you too!
So the plan was to keep this to just Shawn and myself until I was 10-12 weeks and then if all was well to begin to let people know. Well, that little trip to the ER with Finn, where he had to have X-rays and I couldn't be in the room...that was the spoiler. Both my mother and mother-in-law were there and the cat was immediately out of the bag when I had to step out. Since then we have told our siblings and a few close friends, and now that our kids have known for a week I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before everyone else knows. LOL! When I picked Ally up from school last Tuesday, the teacher opened my car door and said "well, is it true??" Yes, Ally had told them that I was pregnant with her baby sister!!

The doctor's visit. I always love for my little family to come to the first confirmation visit and be a part of it from the beginning. That idea always sounds great when I'm thinking about it at home. In the doctor's office...another story. Below is a screen shot of my camera roll that basically sums it up. I think my favorite is Shawn taking a picture of a picture... And the 23 second video of Ally was pretty funny; she thought she was taking a picture of herself and she was totally primping for the camera. I can laugh now, but I was definitely a little uptight in the room with all of them in there. Finn's huge stroller took up half the room, the kiddos were super loud and then someone tooted and it stunk. Awesome...I could not wait for the doctor to join us with the lovely smell in the room! Just being completely honest!
Here is our little bundle of joy. The baby measured right on at 8 weeks, which was a blessing. One thing about going to the doctor's office at 8 weeks instead of 6, was that I could see the baby's heart beating. Such a wonderful sight. And good Lord willing, my next visit at 12 weeks I should be able to hear the heartbeat. My due date is 11/2/2014. So, we are looking at an October or November baby, depending upon when he or she is ready. We are super excited and are continuing to pray for this little one.

2 comments:

The Enstads said...

Congratulations! What a blessing. I have followed your blog since 2012 and I was so excited to hear the news. God bless your pregnancy!

The Mery Family said...

Congratulations French family! What wonderful news!!