Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekend Fun

We started our weekend a little early this past week and headed out to the Houston Food Bank. Such a blessing to give back some time that God has given us. I found out that Jase was old enough to serve with us this time, so it was great to have him join us. At one point he met me in the bathroom and told me that he was a little nervous because he was not a fast scanner (we were scanning in food items). I told him that didn't matter at all, it just mattered that he was here trying to help. I'm not sure if it was his nerves or the 3 cups of hot chocolate he had, but he made frequent trips to the restroom. 
Saturday morning, we woke up early for my baby girl's 1st t-ball game! She was so giddy to play and so excited that so many family members and friends showed up to watch her play. She is definitely loved and her crowd of 20 was a testament!! 
I'll have to get the video to share {my phone was too full}, but during her first at-bat, she turned around and waived to everyone. She is a lefty so she could not see us from the tee. It was precious, just like her! And she got a hit her first at-bat! She was just so excited to be out there! I'm hoping the weather warms up from here on out.
Saturday evening we headed out to Minute Park for an exhibition game. We really enjoy watching baseball at the ballpark. Hopefully the Astros have a better season than last year!
And Sunday afternoon, we headed back out to the local ballpark for a charity kickball tournament. All proceeds went towards a family from Jase's team. A father of one of our players passed away Friday evening from cancer. He was also on our team last spring and when I saw him at the beginning of this season, I barely recognized him due to all the weight he had lost. Please keep the Flores family in your prayers.

No comments: