Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I survived

I'm 18 weeks pregnant now, almost half way done...that is crazy! So for the past 18+ weeks I have not been all that active. I am not a couch potato by any means, but I have not been regularly exercising. I know, I know some people run marathons at 38 weeks pregnant...c'mon let's not judge! Ha! 

With all that said we ventured out Sunday evening after dinner for a little family stroll. We headed to a nearby hiking trail to get some exercise. Now that I actually have some extra energy, it's probably time to get moving. Plus, we have some outdoor vacations planned this summer and I need to be ready for them.
Yes, she brought her purse...a true girly-girl at heart!

My sweet little family. They just make me smile! Allyson had to get off the trail to pick dandelions! And my boys are getting too big. They both got hair cuts last week and I think they look great on them!
I can still see my feet, so that's a good thing! My belly has really popped out this past month. Definitely feeling and looking pregnant at this point.
So I thought we'd get out and stretch our legs for a bit, let the kids run, but come to find out I was not in control of this walk (aka hike!). A ways into the hike I said "don't forget we have to go back" and Shawn responded with "ahh, just a little bit farther!" And farther we walked. By the time we got back to the car we had walked 2 miles! I was beat. I seriously think I hit the couch when we got home and did not get up until bed time! Not kidding. Shawn bathed and put the kids to sleep that night. Thanks honey! I am actually feeling a bit tired just thinking about it! Haha!! While I definitely need to start exercising more on a regular basis, I think I over did it for the first outing. Now that our activities with the kids have died down, I'm looking forward to more family walks in the evenings.

Oh and I want to mention that June 1st marked our first day on Whole30 again. The kids are even doing it with us this time. If we're at home, then they'll be eating whole foods right along with us. An exception to this go round is that me and the kids will have some dairy {greek yogurt and cheese}. 3 days in and it hasn't been bad at all. I will say that we are going through fruit pretty quick, but I'd rather them be eating that up than boxed, processed snacks. Anyhow, I'm excited to be doing it again. Here's to exercise and eating healthy! {C'mon, raise your glass of water with me!}

No comments: