Monday, June 9, 2014

Sam Houston Boat Tour

Last Wednesday, Shawn's parents took me and the kiddos on a tour of the Ship Channel. The boat tour is free, but you must preregister 24 hours in advance. I hear that they fill up pretty quick over the summer. You can find more information HERE and also register there as well.

Before getting on the boat, we stopped at this cool mosaic wall for pictures!
We boarded the ship and set sail. It was neat to see the Ship Channel from this perspective. I think the tour would have been a little more intriguing if they would have shared more facts about what we were passing. A few facts were given, but not many at all. 
The tour is 90 minutes long, so be prepared for that if you go. I had no idea it was that long and was not prepared with 3 young ones. I did read that large purses or backpacks were not allowed on the boat and mine is certainly that, so I left mine. Of course, once I got on there were bags as big as mine. I would have packed snacks had I known. Oh well. We had a nice morning and afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa.

My three blessings right here! Love them!

No comments: