Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Life in the fast lane

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind for me. We were so busy and to be honest with you, I was missing our day-to-day homeschool routine. Not that I have every minute of the day planned out, but there was a flow. With both of the kids participating in camps and VBS, we stayed extra busy. I have thoroughly enjoyed Monday and Tuesday of this week at home. Call me boring if you will, but I needed it!

Here are some of our happenings lately.
The kids are getting entirely too big. Tonight I reminisced through some old pictures from a couple of years ago and wow, the kids have grown so much. I couldn't help but smile when looking through them. What blessings they are.
Last week Jase went to VBS. He really enjoyed it. Everyday they had science, so he would come home and tell me what experiment they did that day. One day he told me "if I give you 3 pennies, you have to give me a quarter." Ha! He then disappeared up to his room and brought down a lego piece and his wallet and got a water bottle out of the fridge. He made a little scale and started putting money on each side and began balancing them. I loved watching him show me what he had learned and teaching me. He ended up putting 3 pennies on one side and a quarter on the other. Sure enough...they balanced. While they do not equal the same value in money (sorry Jase!), they do weigh the same. We both thought it was pretty neat. I loved hearing him sing about the Lord and learning new scripture to hide in his heart.
Saturday morning, a couple of close friends and I drove out to Alvin for a Ladies Fellowship. We shared life, listened to advice from experienced ladies and partook in a bible study together. It was a wonderful, relaxed time with like-minded sisters in Christ.
Before we left, we were shown how to make homemade bar soap. Can I tell you this is right up my alley?!?! I have made a few cleaners lately and am very much interested in natural products without all the chemicals.
Later that evening, we met up with great friends for some swimming and dinner. It was so nice to relax and visit while the kids played.
Sunday afternoon I took Ally to a birthday party at The Aquarium down in Kemah. Man, I have not been there in several years. I was taken back by how many restaurants and recreational activities they had. With all of the rides and games, I'm sure you can spend a pretty penny down there.
And this was Monday. Finn loves to look at pictures and videos on my phone and also take them! He is such a joy and is picking up on so many things. One more month until he is 2 years old!!
Like his older brother and sister, Finn loves books. He will bring me a book and start pointing to items he wants me to name. I know this time with him will pass all too soon, so I'm trying to soak it up as much as I can.

No comments: