Saturday, January 24, 2015

Christmas Road Trip

The day after Christmas we packed up our whole house, I mean our Suburban and headed down south. This was Mae's first long road trip in the car. I was a little nervous on how she would do because she will sometimes fuss on the 10 minute ride to church, and we were able to drive 5 hours!! Praise the Lord, she did just fine and we only had one long stop to feed her.
 We arrived at my mom's house around 5 pm that evening. The kids were excited to be at Nanny and PawPaw's.

Christmas: Round 2! The kids loved opening presents again!
Check out my mom's tree! My dad was searching for some shelf ideas on the internet and came across a picture of using a ladder for a tree. He went out and bought some plywood and my mom dolled it up. I think it is vey unique and one-of-a-kind!!
We visited with Grandpa Leonard and Grandma Cony. It seems like every time we visit there, no matter what time of the day, we always end up at the kitchen table eating! I'm not complaining one bit, but seeing this picture of Finn and Grandma at the kitchen table made me realize that!

Grandpa Leonard and his 4 grandbabies. Looking at this picture, a few thoughts come to mind: my dad and Maebry are 70 years apart...70, Jase is way too big in this picture, Allyson...look at the camera {we say that all too often}, and Finn, did you get that boog?? Geez!
We spent a couple of afternoons over at Shawn's parent's house and it was a nice time visiting with them and all of the cousins. Kids had another round of Christmas!!
We were able to squeeze in a little "friend" time while we were there too, which was great catching up. Sure do miss these guys!!
My step sister was celebrating her birthday one evening, so we headed back over to my dad's to visit  and eat some more! Ha!
Nanny loved spending time with her newest addition over the holidays.
We ended up staying a few extra days than we had originally planned, which was nice and gave us a day to relax. We stayed pretty busy making all of the rounds to visit our loved ones. I'm so glad we were able to come to our home town over the holidays. And Mae did great on the way back home, what a blessing.

No comments: