Saturday, January 24, 2015

Kroger Marketplace

Since adding little Maebry to our family, our pace has definitely slowed down quite a bit. I still venture out from time to time with all 4 kids by myself, but if Shawn is available, then I'd rather wait to get out when he can join us. And with Mae still nursing around the clock, it just makes it easier if she stays with me. If we are away from the house for more than an hour or so, it is more than likely I will have to nurse. So basically we live in my car! #1 feature in my car: DVD player. Seriously. I really don't care for the kids to watch hours upon hours of television at home, but them being able to watch movies in the car has been a blessing, especially if we are just hanging out in the car while I'm nursing.
On January 5th we started a Whole30, which is real, whole food for 30 days. No grains, no sugars, no legumes, no dairy, and little to no processed food. We eat meats, veggies, fruit and nuts. We completed two last year and they were a great recharge for us. And while the trip back home was nice, I gained 6 lbs in 8 days!! No Bueno! And I know for some people who nurse, the weight just falls off of them...not this lady. I've gotta work off every pound. Shawn and I {and the kids for the most part} are doing it together and that is so beneficial. Today is Day 20 and I feel like we are finally starting to get into a groove. It is so key to plan and prepare with eating this way. I will be the first to tell you that I have not done the best job of planning and preparing this go round, but it has been working out. I am really thankful that Shawn is so forgiving when it comes to meals. I could tell him we were having burnt broccoli and he would eat it up and thank me for it.

Since there are no HEB's on the north side of DFW {insert frown face}, we have been trying out different places to shop. I've been to Walmart, Aldi's, Sam's, Costco {LOVE it!}, and Kroger. After Jase's game one Saturday we went into a Kroger that was close by. Oh my y'all...take a look at this place. There are clothing isles and a jewelers inside Kroger. I couldn't believe it. It is called Kroger Marketplace.
Not just a couple of Lego sets, but a whole isle of them!!
While the kids were at gymnastics yesterday I went to another grocery store in Frisco: Marketplace. Not affiliated with Kroger Marketplace. I had a limited amount of time since the big kids were in class and I had already spent 20 minutes in the car nursing. #typical But they had a great produce section and the sacker pushed my basket to my car and unloaded my groceries. I tried to tip, but I guess he could not take it. I might be visiting Marketplace more often on Friday's! One thing I have really enjoyed about moving up here is exploring the surrounding towns.

No comments: