Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Homeschool Update

We are in week 4 of homeschool since the long break {new baby + Christmas}. It definitely looks different these days, as we have to be flexible with Maebry and her needs. Just with anything else, some days are easier than others, but at the end of the day I am thankful for this opportunity to share with my children. I may not get a bath everyday {let's be honest}, but my kids are learning everyday about the Lord, history, reading, math, handwriting, science, and are working together.
Finn got this stamp book for Christmas and this was the first time we broke it out. I nearly had a heart attack. I'm so glad I decided to take his shirt off beforehand. The ink did wipe off very easy, but it was everywhere!
Jase really loves to read and is doing a great job with it! I enjoy listening to him read and watching him react to what he is reading. I know he is understanding when he does so. Some days we start school out in the living room, other days we are in the school room. I try to be flexible and accommodate the kids on what will work best at that point in time.
Jase wrote this little story one morning. It is based on a TV series: Star Wars Rebels.
And here is some of my schoolwork! Ha! Shawn bought me a journaling bible for Christmas and this was my first entry! I am hoping to combine some of my favorite things: The Word and doodling/crafting!
It was so nice outside yesterday {finally}, that we had a portion of school outdoors and we all enjoyed it. Here is a clip of the kids getting in some of their exercise and Finn cheering them on.
Below Finn is reading my teacher's manual. If we are in the homeschool room, it is not unusual for him to grab a book and a blanket and end up on the couch, reading a book. He really enjoys it. And if we are talking in the room where he is trying to read, he will tell us "I reading." In otherwords: be quiet!! Ha!
This doesn't have to do with homeschool, but I want to share anyhow. The kids love to hold Maebry and will ask all the time to hold her. If she is not fussy or hungry, then I usually hand her over to them. I love that they love her.
This video is too funny. We were sitting on Maebry's floor while I was folding her laundry and Finn asked to hold Maebry. He thought I was taking a picture of him!! Silly boy!!
Faces of our sweet Maebry earlier this month.

My big kids! Love them. They absolutely love their AWANA program on Sunday evenings. They have learned so many bible verses and look forward to earning badges and jewels for completing the criteria in their program. One of the things they had to do was wear their vest in public. I originally was going to take them to the library one afternoon, but it was pouring down rain and I did not want to venture out. Backup plan for another day: Whataburger. Ha! They were so excited to sport their vests.

No comments: