Monday, April 6, 2015

Week in review

This past week was a busy one, but we captured some fun moments to share with you. Enjoy our week in review.
When I took her to the doctor last month I asked about eating. With my other three I was told I could start giving them cereal at 4 months, but our new doctor told me that it is now suggested to wait and feed them real food starting at 6 months. She said with all of the gluten allergies these days she said you should not start your kids off on cereal. She told me if I wanted I could smash up some real food and give her a taste every so often, and we have done just that. So far I have given her avocado and sweet potatoes and she likes both.
Maebry has found her voice. We love hearing her giggle!
This past fall I found a recipe online and it has been hit with our family. It is probably close to monkey bread if you've ever had that before. If you get a chance to make these, do it!!

Cinnamon Roll Bites
 
Biscuits:
1 roll refrigerator biscuits (Grands)
3T butter, melted
1t cinnamon
1/4C brown sugar

Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, drop into bowl, toss to coat well. Spread evenly into greased 8×8 baking dish. Pour melted butter evenly over biscuits. Bake @350 20-25 minutes or until baked through.

Glaze:
1C powdered sugar
2T butter, melted and cooled
1T vanilla
1-2T milk

Mix until smooth. Drizzle over slightly cooled biscuits.

No comments: