Monday, May 11, 2015

Mae is 6 months

6 months...that is half a year, people!! Totally feeling that "in the blink of an eye" saying right about now. My oldest is now 8 years old and my 4th child, I repeat 4th child is 6 months old. Let's be honest, it is surreal sometimes when I stop and think that I am a mom of 4 precious kiddos.
Our sweet Maebry Leigh is a little mover and a shaker. This past month she has learned to sit up on her own and crawl. She is a couple of months ahead of my other kiddos on crawling. I so was not expecting her to start this early, but I guess she has to keep up with the older three. And she has mastered the "crocodile roll" as we call it when trying to change her diaper. She will completely flip on her stomach in a second. And she has found her voice! It is funny, you'll be sitting in the room with her and all of a sudden she'll scream and talk to us. It cracks us up! I remember when Jase started doing that. Shawn and I were eating at Casa Ole {an old fav} and Jase started screaming so loud. It felt like everyone was staring at us. No matter what we did, feed him, give him his pacifier, he kept on. It was everything we could do to get out of there as fast as we could! #firsttimeparents
She is really such a content baby. Now she still has some car seat fits, but seems to be doing better, especially since we took out the infant inserts; she has more room. She starts off in her bed at night and then will usually wake up 4-5 hours into the night and she will join us in our bed. I am still nursing, so I will usually feed her while laying down. Win-win!

Her brothers and sister still think she is the sweetest thing and want to hold her often.
Maebry is just like Allyson in that she is definitely a Mama's girl. For the first year of Ally's life, Shawn could barely hold her...she wanted Mama. When Shawn holds Mae, her head is on a swivel trying to find me! Haha! Look at these kids below...they are a beautiful mess! At one point I thought they were going to put Mae in a headlock!
And here is some video footage of Maebry crawling and sitting up this afternoon.
Here is Maebry one morning last week at the breakfast table with me. She was showing her voice off a bit. She cracks me up!
And one of Mae playing in the living room. You'll notice at the end that she sticks her tongue out! Within the past couple of weeks she has found her tongue and will occasionally stick it out. Too cute!

1 comment:

June's Notes said...

So sweet Jessica. She favors Jase, I think. Enjoy your children. The years pass much too quickly. Time does not stand still...it flees! June