Sunday, May 31, 2015

Shopping with Ally

Most of the time when I go grocery shopping, I like to go solo. It is a time for me to take a quick break and have some alone time. The last few times I've been to the store, Ally has wanted to join me. Sometimes she can get pretty restless while out and about, but if I keep her involved in the shopping, she usually does ok.

Last week we went to Aldi and Kroger for some groceries. I hadn't been to Aldi in a while and thought I would pop in to see what all I could get on my list there. Even though the store is small I was able to get quite a bit. And now since I have been buying dairy-free items {and cutting back on gluten}, they had a really good selection. A lot of their gluten-free items are also dairy free.
The three boxes of snack bars in the top right-hand corner were a huge hit for the kids. Dairy-free and gluten-free. The kids would have them for snack; all three flavors were good. I also bought some banana muffins and cinnamon streusel muffins. These were pretty tasty; the kids loved them. Each box made 12 muffins. I will say they were a little more work than your Martha White muffins where you add water or milk and stir. It calls for butter {I used dairy-free}, water and eggs, and you have to use your mixer to beat them. We will definitely be buying them again. We bought the cake mix as well and will be trying them this weekend. One more thing that was a huge hit are the LiveGFree frozen chicken nuggets. Again, no gluten or dairy. And all of the prices were very reasonable in my opinion. Aldi will definitely be a routine place for us.
 
Allyson was the keeper of the list. She was working on her reading and check mark skills.
After Aldi, we headed across the street to Kroger for a few things on our list. This is our big Marketplace that carries everything under the sun. They even have little kid shopping carts. The picture is blurry, but she was in heaven!! She felt so big!
Here is some footage of her pushing the cart!

No comments: