Sunday, May 31, 2015

Maebry Eats

For a few weeks now, we have been in full swing at the dinner table with Maebry. She has loved everything I have given her: apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, avocadoes, carrots, and green peas.
Our blender bit the dust once we moved up here, and we just have not replaced it yet. I've looked at a few of the really nice ones like a Vitamix, but I'm not ready to commit that type of money to something I don't use regularly. I will say that I missed it for making mayo, but came across a recipe for mayo and ranch using an immersion blender. It is a hand-held blender you put in a cup to blend. Amazon Prime to the rescue!
Not only has it came in handy for mayo and ranch, but I've started pureeing baby food with it and it works great. If I make a big batch then I will pour the food into ice trays and freeze them. Then when I need them I will set them out ahead of time and let them thaw. You can also put them on defrost in the microwave, if needed. I have really enjoyed making the kids' first foods.

No comments: