Wednesday, August 12, 2015

New Homeschool Community

Our new school year is quickly approaching. I attended a training workshop last week for a new homeschool community we will be participating in this year. I'm super excited about it and the kids are too. We will only go to class on Mondays for 3 hours in the morning, but while we are there the kids will get introduced to the current week's memory work, give a presentation, complete an art project {or play the tin whistle later this fall}, and have a science experiment. Jase and Ally will both be participating in class and if we continue next year, Finn will be in the classroom as well. And I also signed up to be a tutor sub, when needed. As of now I am already needed the first two weeks. Excited and nervous about it. We start next week. Should be fun!

I bought the kids some maps and they could not wait to try them out when we got home. Jase loves geography and this new program will only fuel that passion. So neat!

No comments: