Friday, August 21, 2015

Rockin' with Rhett

We were having table discussions in our Married Bible Fellowship class a few months ago and out of the blue one of the guys said "Ok, I have to say this, my kids love you. We love your songs. You're like a celebrity." He was talking to another guy at the table. Shawn and I had no idea what he was talking about, so we had to ask. One of the guys at our table writes and performs songs for a local ministry. And sure enough, we asked the kids if they knew who Rockin' with Rhett was and they got all excited. He has performed a song or two at Church. We told them that we sat at his table in MBF and they could not believe it.

I looked up his website to see where he was playing at next, but we were going to be out of town for July 4th. I went ahead and put a reminder in my phone for a performance in August. Sure enough a  two days before the event, the reminder popped up on my phone last week.

The kids had a blast watching and listening. They gave us a free CD and DVD for coming out, and these songs have been in my head since! Ha!
The skit they put on had a great message about being kind to one another, even when others are not nice to you. And Rhett was not able to mention God's name at the Library {I had no idea}, but his message was straight out of 1 Corinthians 13.
Here is a sampler of his songs. Enjoy!
This is funny. This past Monday, his family was at our home group for bible study. The kids were kind of caught off guard when they saw Rockin' with Rhett!

No comments: