Sunday, January 3, 2016

Gruene Getaway

Shawn and I were able to getaway for 2 nights right before Thanksgiving and it was the best time.
We knocked out quite a bit of Christmas shopping at San Marcos. It had been 4 years or so since I had been there, so I really enjoyed it. Shawn was such a trooper!!

We stayed at The Gruene Mansion Inn. I absolutely loved it. Right up my alley for sure.
We walked to dinner every night since we were right in downtown Gruene, next to The Grist Mill. It was really chilly out, so I'm so glad we had a fire place in our room!
On our last night out, we had to visit Gruene Hall. It is the oldest continually operating dance hall in Texas. It was built in 1878 and the floors have got to be about that old as well. Pretty neat place abd a ton of famous artists have performed there. And since we were there, we had to try out the dance floor as well! We really enjoyed ourselves and the live music was great.
Grainy picture, but here we are!

No comments: