Monday, January 25, 2016

Paleo Taco Soup

Earlier this month I was looking on Pinterest for a new taco soup recipe. I wanted something clean without beans or corn. Well I came across this recipe and while it looked super yummy I did not have all the ingredients, so I modified it and came up with my own. Y'all, this soup is tasty and so easy. I have made over 5 batches this month and we are still not tired of it! Let me know if you try it and what you think!
 
Paleo Taco Soup
 
Ingredients
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1+ lb ground beef
3 tbsp taco seasoning (I make my own using this recipe)
1 can diced tomatoes
Red potatoes, chopped bite size (6-8 small)
Water to cover
Fresh avocado (optional)
Plantain Chips (optional)

Instructions
Sauté onion in coconut oil in a large pot for 5-7 mins, until translucent. Add ground beef and cook until done. As beef is finishing up, add 1 tbsp of taco seasoning, stir together. Add can of tomatoes and potatoes. Cover with water and add remaining 2 tbsp of taco seasoning. Stir and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes (until potatoes are done). Tastes great topped with fresh avocado slices and plantain chips!

 

3 comments:

June's Notes said...

That looks great Jessica! I'm always looking for good recipes! Thank you for sharing!

June's Notes said...

Jessica, I made this soup last night in my crock pot - cooked on high for four hrs. It was amazing. We added nacho peppers, cheese, avocado, and sour cream to it in our individual bowls, leaving the soup as the recipe dictated. Tommy is gluten free, dairy free, so he added gf cheese and no sour cream, but all else. It was so yummy! I can understand why you would make it so often. Definitely a repeat recipe on my list now!!

Jessica said...

Ahhh!! So good! Glad you tried it and liked it! We found out last spring that Jase is allergic to dairy, so I rarely have it in the house these days. I bet Shawn would like the peppers!