Thursday, March 24, 2016

Camping Fun

Earlier this month I took Allyson camping with American Heritage Girls and we had a great time. I have only camped 5-7 times in my entire 35 years, so this was a big deal for me to go solo and get it all set-up. 
Allyson was super excited to get outdoors and have some fun with her friends and Mama. 
Shawn did a fabulous job helping me pack everything up. The table was awesome to have outside the tent. It was so nice to have somewhere to put things. And the red container of tap water was great for brushing our teeth or rinsing off our hands. There were a couple of port-a-potties, but no running water at this site. We were roughing it for sure!
We snuggled in the tent together. It got down into the 40's and it was chilly to say the least!
After breakfast, the girls attended several stations to learn about slavery and the founding of the USA. I believe by doing this the girls earned 2-3 badges that weekend. 
Here are all of the Tenderhearts (1st-3rd grade) in our troop that attended the campout. 
Little Ally was wore out on the way home.
The next day was Shawn's birthday. I'm glad we were able to be home and celebrate his special day. 
The following weekend was Shawn and Jase's turn in the wilderness. They went camping with their Trail Life troop. 
The boys had a couple of informative meetings (fire and snakes!), but they had a lot of down time, which they all enjoyed. They came home with several pirate jokes that were told around the camp fire. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, Shawn or Jase. So glad to hear they had fun. 

No comments: