Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February wrap-up

I blinked and literally February was over! We have been busy with life lately, that blogging has definitely taken a backseat. But I like to document what we've been up to, so here is a snapshot of the past two weeks. 

At Classical Conversations a couple of weeks ago the kids painted like Michelangelo, on their backs. This is how he painted the Sistine Chapel in Rome. They got a kick out of it.
On Wednesday, February 17th, I took the kids to the Denton Fire Station with a homeschool group for a tour. One of the dads in this homeschool group is a firefighter for Denton, so he and his coworkers showed us around. He works his shift every 3rd day for 24 hours. What a commitment. Thankful for people like him.
Friday, February 19th, we snuck away for a little adult time. We went to the Hillsong United concert in Dallas. It was awesome. Or Epic as Jase would say! Ha! Such a great time of worship and fun to share it with friends.
Love my mom. She came up and watched the kids so we could go to the concert. We also had several laughs around town together. One that I can think of right off hand was on Saturday. It was Jase's last basketball game of the season that morning. I had plans all week to pick up a gift card for his coach as a thank you gift for doing such a great job. He did an awesome job teaching the boys plays and fundamentals, it was really a productive season for them. Anyhow, I never picked up a gift card during the week, so Saturday before the game it is. Surprised?! I passed a Sonic and a Chicken Express on the way to the game and that's about it. He's a grown man with a family so I'm thinking a Sonic gift card is probably not the best choice for him! Mom suggests that sometimes she has seen gift cards in convenient stores, so I pull in and see. The lady at the register thought I was nuts when I asked if they sold gift cards! I remembered there is an Italian restaurant right around the corner and thought that would be nice for he and his family. Well, I walk in and ask the employee if I can buy a gift card and he said "I can probably do that for you." Oh geez...that should have been my sign to walk out. I proceed with the transaction. I buy a $25 gift card and he tells me my total is $27.06. I asked "I have to pay tax on a gift card?" He said "yes, we charge tax." Huh. Then he prints out a receipt for $27.06 and another receipt type of piece of paper that says gift certificate on it, and he staples both together. For the love. I bring it out the to car and show my mom, we die laughing. I proceed to put the $27.06 gift card in the card Jase had made for him, and it totally looks like our receipt from lunch. There is no telling what he thought when he opened that card. Good times!
Jase won his game that Saturday, which landed us in the playoffs this past Saturday. We ended up losing the playoff game, but what a great season we had.
Our little Maebry. She has been keeping us on our toes lately. Busybody for sure. It's nothing to find her in the pantry eating chips on the floor or on the kid table in the school room with dry erase markers. She is giving me a run for my money.
The weather has been so nice lately, we have gotten out for a walk in the middle of the day. Jase usually rides his bike, Ally is on her scooter, and the younger two walk.
Miss Mae in our bed the other morning. She was super comfy laying right on top of me.
And we finished up February last night with our home group. We hosted family night and had a wonderful time. It was sweet time of fellowship and sharing a meal with those we love. Our home group leaders, Marcus and Ashley, will be moving to the other side of Denton next month, so things will definitely look different in the weeks to come. They were our first friends when we moved up here, and we are very thankful for them. This group of friends would not be gathered together if it weren't for them opening up their home.

1 comment:

My Family said...

Lol. I just posted a catch up post too! This year is already flying by. Hope you are doing well. Can't believe how big the kids look!