Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Texas Legends Game

Tonight we had family date night and went to the Texas Legends basketball game in Frisco. They are in the NBA D-League, which is the development league before going into the pros. It was a neat little arena with great seats all around. Plus I found tickets to this game for only $1 each, so $5 for all of our seats. What a steal! And look who used to be a Texas Legends player: Spud Webb. I remember watching him play for the Atlanta Hawks years ago. He was one of the shortest players in the NBA at 5 foot 7 inches. And he even won the slam dunk contest one year. Pretty cool.
Our crew getting settled in. We had to get food in waves. Finn and I went first and then Shawn bought food for the older two. And Maebry just ate everyone's food.
Finn really enjoyed the game. It was on a smaller scale and he was comfortable with all the noise.
Selfie time with Mae. She was loving the Orange Fanta I got them. This never happens. LOL
I caught Jase being silly with the large light-up wands we got at the game.
Finn had to get his picture taken with the puppy! So Daddy took him down court side for a photo!
This is as good as it gets here folks. Fun times at the game tonight.
While Daddy and Mae were upstairs and the boys were playing down on the floor by the court, Allyson and I took a few pics. Love this girl.
Required silly selfie.
See the boys in the middle of the screen? Finn is wearing a light blue shirt and Jase has a gray shirt on with a red Texas Rangers hat on. I'm not sure if they do this every game or if it was special for tonight, but the kids had fun playing down there. There were bounce houses at the other end of the court, but we weren't quite up for that tonight.
Check out this video of the boys playing together. They are in the bottom right of the playing area.
And when the boys are away, the girls will order cotton candy!! I was trying to think of the last time I purchased cotton candy for the kids and I think I remembered when: never!! So much sugar and so sticky. But when Ally asked and I had the cash I thought "why not!" She sure did enjoy it.
Watch Maebry with the cotton candy. She would not stop shoving it in Daddy's mouth. It was the funniest thing.
And here Maebry could not get it in her own mouth fast enough. After she finished her cotton candy, she washes it down with Orange Fanta. I sure hope they sleep well tonight. Ha!
We ended up losing the game, but came within 3 points in the last minute. We had to hang out and see it to the end. While Mae was a wild child at times, it was really a fun night and I'm glad we were able to get out and enjoy being together.

No comments: